You have questions, we have answers!
Voting is free, easy, and quick. You are allowed 1 vote for each wish per day. Only registered users can vote. To vote, do the following:
1. Find a wish to vote for.
2. Click on the title of the wish.
3. Click on the 10 star vote bar to cast your vote.
You can cast as many votes as you'd like, but only 1 vote per wish per day (time stamped votes, 24 hour cycle).
Getting the highest star ranking can be complex, involving factors such as the quality of your wish or your competitor's wish. Who really knows what motivates the mob to give you quality votes?! Perhaps they like your wish, perhaps they like you, or perhaps they don't like a competitor's wish and want to boost yours. Your guess is as good as ours, but the number of stars in a vote sometimes counts!
Let your voice be heard!
Creating a user account is free, easy, and quick! Follow these simple steps:
1. Click "Sign Up" on the right side of the screen (you may need to scroll down a little).
2. Fill out the required information (we require very little information)
3. Check your e-mail for a confirmation link. Follow that link to confirm your e-mail address.
That's all! You may now login. Once you're logged in, you'll be able to submit a wish and vote.
Absolutely! When you submit a wish, it gets an editorial review before being published on the site, typically within 24 hours. Here are all the rules surrounding wishes:
Keep It Clean Folks!
Wishes shouldn't include obscenity or adult content. Our editors will try to clean it up and make it publishable, but if it's not rated PG or less, it probably isn't going to make it through editorial review. Also, if your wish published but we start getting legitimate complaints about it, we'll require you to change the wish or we'll have to give it the boot. We'll do our best to contact you and keep your wish alive, but we may have to remove it from the site if we get too many complaints.
A Clear Pricetag
Some wishes are priceless, such as world peace, true love, or revenge on your little brother. These are all fine quality wishes, but you'll have to look somewhere else to have them granted. Wishes posted on this site must have a clear financial cost and that cost must include shipping and taxes. Wishes without a clear price tag or a fluctuating price tag will not pass editorial review.
WishMeThis.com operates within a tiny little company in the United States. Perhaps some day in the future, we may release a multilingual version of this site, but for the moment, we're going to ask that wishes be submitted in English. It can be bad English with all kinds of grammatical errors, but as long as we can understand what you want and it meets all the other guidelines, it'll make it through editorial review. You can be located in any country in the world, but we respectfully request that you submit your wish in English. Other languages are not likely to make it through editorial review.
Let Someone Else Have a Chance
So you're a social media genius and whenever you post a wish, you toast the competition! Great for you, no fun for everyone else. Once you've had a wish granted, you'll have to wait through a cool-off period before you get another wish. At least 2 months must pass before you or anyone in your household will be allowed to submit another wish or have one granted, and you can only have two wishes per household granted in a given calendar year. Let's spread some of the wish fun around a little bit!
No Cash, Except Charitable Donations
No wishes for pure cash. What would you spend the money on? That's what we're looking for! We may attempt to fulfill your wish through a cash payment through Paypal, but make sure your wish is more interesting than, "I want to be paid." You can wish for a specific donation to a charity if you'd like. It has to be a real registered charity though. Gift cards are also OK.
Depending on the nature of the contest, wishes submitted towards the end of the contest period may be held held until the beginning of the next voting period. See the home page for the final date for wish submission for each contest period.
We reserve the right to decline to publish your wish or boot it from the site for any other unforeseeable problem. This might include things like tampering with the site, questionable voting patterns, or anything else that would damage the system or the community we're trying to create on our site. We'll be sure to attempt to contact you first and we'll work with you to get the problem fixed, but if we can't find a solution to the problem, we might boot you or your wish from the site. Our emphasis will be on keeping the site fun and fair, so let's follow the rules and play nice and everybody will have a good time!
The Wish Fund is a pool of money that is used to help grant wishes. The Wish Fund is used to help grant the winning wish on the 1st day of each month for the winning wish of the prior month. The Wish Fund is then set again with a fixed dollar amount for the current month. See the home page on how the Wish Fund will be distributed to the winning participants.
If the winning wish is equal to or less expensive than the amount won, the full wish will be granted. If the winning wish is more expensive than the amount won, the winning participant will receive the amount won to put towards their wish. WishMeThis.com and its sponsors are not responsible for any amount over the amount won to grant a wish.
Give us 24 hours to clear the wish through editorial review. You will receive an e-mail if your wish is published or if there's a problem with editorial review. Watch your e-mail closely over the next 24 hours. Once your wish is published, follow the Instructions at the top of the page.
At a random time on or around the 1st of each month, the following process will occur:
1. A snapshot is taken of the Wishes based on the criteria for winning in the previous month.
2. A winning Wish or Wishes are chosen based on the winning criteria of the previous month.
3. The Wish Fund will be used to help grant the winning Wish.
4. A new Wish Fund amount will be set for the current month.
5. All previous votes on remaining wishes will be removed. Voting starts over.
If we need to contact you for any reason by e-mail, phone, or postal mail and we are unable to reach you, we will take the following action:
1. If all contact information appears to be invalid, we will disable your account and remove your wish from the site. E-mail is considered invalid if the message bounces back to us. A phone number is considered to be invalid if the phone number is busy or disconnected, there is no way to leave a message at the phone number, and the phone number cannot receive SMS messages. A postal address will be considered invalid if the post office returns our correspondence to us as undeliverable for any reason with no forwarding address on file. If your wish was granted and all contact information is invalid, you have 60 days from the date your wish was granted to contact us. If the 60 days pass and we have not heard from you, we will consider the wish abandoned and it will not be granted.
2. If we were able to send you an e-mail without it bouncing back, leave you a message on your phone number either through SMS or voicemail, or send you a letter that was not returned by the post office, you will have 7 days to respond to our attempt to contact you. If you do not reply within 7 days, we will disable your user account and remove your wish from the site. If you contact us within 30 days of this removal, we will be able to restore your account and your wish should you choose to do so. If your wish was granted and some of your contact information appears to be valid, you have 60 days from the date your wish was granted to respond to us or contact us. If the 60 days pass and we have not heard from you, we will consider the wish abandoned and it will not be granted.
If your contact information changes please notify us immediately. You can change your contact information online by logging in and changing your Profile. In order to keep the site clean and relevant, we will remove old and abandoned accounts and wishes. The only way to prevent your account from being disabled or your wishes from being removed is to maintain accurate contact information in your Profile. Once you've created an account, you can add additional contact information to your Profile for your security.
Congratulations! We will contact you with the information we need to grant your wish. We will require some basic information such as:
Your mailing address
Your phone number
Delivery details that may be necessary
Tax information should your Wish meet certain criteria
If we do not receive the information we require to grant your wish within 60 days, the wish will be considered abandoned and it will not be granted. Please keep in regular contact with us if your wish is granted until you are certain your wish has been fulfilled. If possible, please SEND US A PICTURE OF YOU WITH YOUR GRANTED WISH. We'll publish it on our site which might make you famous!
Please abide by our cool-off period policy before posting another wish. Any attempt to bypass any of our policies may result in removal of your wish from our site, removal of your user account from our site, and/or forfeiture of any wish granted outside of policy.
From time to time, we e-mail our Registered Users. We will send an e-mail to Registered Users for the following reasons:
1. A wish has been granted. We want you to know when things change substantially.
2. Rare special circumstances or promotions.
This should result in you receiving an e-mail from us about once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. If you'd prefer not to receive these e-mails, reply to one of them with the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject line. Doing so will cause the following to occur:
1. We will change your membership from a Registered User to a Public User.
2. You will lose the ability to login and any web features that require you to be logged in.
3. Any previously published wishes will be treated like any other wish. Your wish still could be granted and will accumulate votes as normal.
4. You will not be able to vote.
We'll try to keep the e-mails to a minimum, but we do want to keep you informed of what's happening on the site, especially the things that are probably important to you. If you unsubscribe, we will still contact you if you've had a wish granted so we can obtain all the relevant information to grant your wish.